Re: DSSSList policy question

From: "DuCharme, Robert" <ducharmr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 May 97 12:12:00 EDT
Although I am not currently in the job market, I find job postings
related to a specific skill very interesting because it means that the
company in question is doing a project with that technology on a large
enough scale to require full-time help. So if  Associated Press,
Microsoft, or Sikorsky wants to use the mailing list to publicly announce
that they want to hire someone who knows DSSSL well, this is interesting
news and I want to know about it. (And pay scales are always interesting
to hear about.)

Of course, vague trolling for prospects from headhunters is annoying, as
are bombastic posts from vendors who want the whole world to know that
they're giving some three-day course in Salt Lake City in how to use
their product.

I think we should allow all such posts and count on Tony to privately
e-mail parties who abuse the privilege. Allowing such posts has benefited
comp.text.sgml.

Bob DuCharme                          | "The elements be kind to thee,
and
bobducharme@xxxxxxx                   | make thy spirits all of comfort!"

http://cs.nyu.edu/cs_alumni/duchar96/ | Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii