DSSSList policy question results

From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 12:42:40 -0400 (EDT)
Tony Graham writes:
 >    Should the DSSSList allow or discourage posts that are not a
 >    question, an answer, or information about DSSSL stuff that you can
 >    get for free?

When asked to vote either:

   Restrict. Questions, answers, and information only

or

   Allow. Do not restrict posts

The results were:

Allow:		18
Restrict:	10
Abstain:	1

plus two votes that I couldn't reconcile with subscriber's email
addresses and a couple of votes received after the close of voting and
therefore not counted.

The people have spoken!!  Posts to the DSSSList are not restricted to
questions, answers, and information about DSSSL stuff that you can get
for free.

The subtext of many of the votes and much of the discussion of this on
the DSSSList is that many subscribers want information about goods,
services, job openings, etc. to be DSSSL-related, short, succinct, and
only posted once.  For now, the only requirement that will be enforced
is that postings are DSSSL-related.

Regards,

Tony Graham