Re: Jade command line

Subject: Re: Jade command line
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 13:30:28 +0700
At 13:29 16/05/97 -0400, Paul Prescod wrote:
>I would like to do something like this:
>
><!doctype style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN"[
>
><!entity % print "IGNORE"> <!-- Should be overriden on command line -->
><!entity % html "IGNORE"> <!-- Should be overriden on command line -->
>
><![ %print;  [
>]]>
>
><![ %html; [
>]]>
>
>--
>and then use the command line to turn on or off the marked sections. But I
>can't figure out how to control the parsing of the stylesheet.
>
>I would really rather do something like this:
>
>(if *html*
>   (define foo .... )
>   (define foo .... ))
>
>But that's so far outside the DSSSL syntax that I'm not even really dreaming
>about it anymore. =)

The way to do this is to use multiple style-specification elements like this:

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN">

(root
 (make simple-page-sequence))

(element p (make paragraph))

(root
 (make scroll))

The use jade -d "whatever.dsl#html" to get the HTML stylesheet rather than the print one.

If the differences are substantial it may be better to have the print and html elements both use a third separate element, instead of having the html element use the print element.

You might also find the -V flag useful for this sort of thing.

James