Re: SDATA entity mapping

Subject: Re: SDATA entity mapping
From: "Stephen J. Tinney" <stinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 06:22:57 -0400 (EDT)
Dylan van Rijsbergen wrote:
>1. Is it possible to force Jade to use another set of entity mappings, so I
>can force the special characters to their unicode value?

I would be interested in such a thing as well (I suppose I just said
`me too').

I have SGML source files marked up with entities such as &alef; which I
need to map to the Unicode value.  In the SGML FOT I am currently doing

  (element ALEF (output (string-append "&" "#02BE;")))

where output is function calling `make formatting-instruction', then I have
a post-processor hack it into UTF.

It would be much nicer if I could get Jade to load a special entity
set and then refer to alef and friends symbolically and get the result
in UTF.  The symbolic reference is especially desirable because some
of my characters are in the private use area and might conceivably
move about one day.

It seems like something along the lines of

<!doctype style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN"[
<!ENTITY % psdent SYSTEM >
%psdent;
]>

should work, but I can't make it do so.  Am I doing something wrong?

 Steve