XS: aligned-column

Subject: XS: aligned-column
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:39:40 +0700
Including aligned-column in XS makes no sense to me.  It's optional in DSSSL
in that it requires the aligned-column feature.

Aligned-column is intended for use with math displayed equations, where you
have a sequence of displayed equations possibly with intervening text, and
you want to align the displayed equations on some point (ie an = sign)
within each equation.  Since XS doesn't have any math, it seems rather
pointless to include aligned-column.  (I have't implemented it in Jade.)

James