Re: XS: Add element-with-id or map-constructor as non-core query procedure

Subject: Re: XS: Add element-with-id or map-constructor as non-core query procedure
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 11:10:52 +0700
At 13:52 23/05/97 -0400, Tony Graham wrote:
>As I understand it, the two possible ways to support a linking element
>such as the HTML <A> element that has content and the content is (one
>end of) the link to the referenced element is using either
>element-with-id (10.2.5) or map-constructor (12.4.3).

Can't you use idref-address?

I think if process-element-with-id is allowed, then it makes sense to allow
element-with-id.

Actually XS allows neither at the moment, since it excludes the
cross-reference feature. I think XS should be fixed to include the
cross-reference feature, and DSSSL should be fixed to include
element-with-id in the cross-reference feature.

James