Processing external data entities

Subject: Processing external data entities
From: David Megginson <dmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:36:17 -0500
Hi, everyone.  I have a quick question/thought about the Style
Language.

Without the QUERY feature (i.e. in Jade), is there any way to deal
with an external data entity that is not specified as an attribute
value on an element?

Consider the following declarations:

  <!NOTATION source PUBLIC "-//megginson//NOTATION Source Code//EN">
  <!ENTITY code PUBLIC "-//megginson//NONSGML Program Listing 1//EN"
    NDATA source>

In the style language, it is easy to handle

  <listing source=code>

using

  (element LISTING
    ...)

but, as far as I can tell, there is no way to get at the entity's
contents in the following:

  <listing>
   &code;
  </listing>

Am I missing something?  All comments and suggestions are welcome.

David

--
David Megginson                 ak117@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Microstar Software Ltd.         dmeggins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx