Re: DSSSL Tutorials and Samples

Subject: Re: DSSSL Tutorials and Samples
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Mar 27 06:10:09 1997 EST
At 11:21 26/03/97 -0500, David Megginson wrote:
>Paul Prescod writes:
>
> > I don't believe Jade supports math, so there would be no way to test
> > your math code.
>
>Sebastian and I are working together with James on the TeX backend --
>I am doing the C++ coding and Sebastian is doing the TeX.  James has
>modified Jade to support math, but he has not implemented it in his
>RTF backend yet.

Actually I have.  It generates EQ fields rather the OLE stuff that the
equation editor produces. It's rather limited (it will probably break on
anything really complicated) and the output quality is not good, but it's
better than nothing, and you can tweak it Word manually (if you double click
on the EQ fields, Word automatically turns it into an embedded equation
editor object).

James