Re: Cross-referencing

Subject: Re: Cross-referencing
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Mar 27 17:44:05 1997 EST
> Hello all,
> I have a simple question: Is it possible to process cross-references with
> just the Core Query Language currently present in Jade ?

Jade currently has the (process-children-with-id) function and James says that
the (element-with-id) function will be available in the next major release.
You can do what you need with (process-children-with-id), but you must
use modes.

Here is the change:

> (element THEOREM
>   (make paragraph

      (with-mode theorem (process-element-with-id))
      (process-children)))

(mode theorem
  (element THEOREM
>     (literal (append-string "Theorem "
>                             (number->string (child-number))
>                             "."))))

> PS The next task will be to omit the number if the proof immediately
> follows the theorem. That should be easier.

Does that affect the numbering of the next one? That could be tricky.

 Paul Prescod