Re: Cross-referencing

Subject: Re: Cross-referencing
From: Norbert Mikula <nmikula@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat Mar 29 10:52:24 1997 EST
On Sat, 29 Mar 1997, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> By the way, can I ask those people who refer to their DSSSL
> implementations to pass on some news about what back ends they are
> working on? we know what Jade does, but I for one have no idea what
> YADE's target is.

YADE (Yet Another DSSSL Engine) is a DSSSL engine that has been
implemented using Java. Right now is used in conjunction
with my XML parser NXP (Norbert's XML Parser).

YADE is using the Scheme engine Kawa, which has been developed
by Per Gothner.

YADE also follows the concept of having a core DSSSL engine
and "backends" for output to a certain device.

As of today, YADE only supports the Java AWT (Abstract Window Toolkit)
as a reference implementation of a backend.
(I usually don't call it backend, but the principle is more
or less the same.)

If you want to learn more about YADE, please have a look
at : http://www.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~nmikula/boston/
or just ask me directly.

I am not sure about when YADE will be ready for public release.
I going to present YADE/NXP at WWW6 in Boston. After that,
I think, I will check whether YADE/NXP is mature enough
for the public.

Best regards,
Norbert H. Mikula

= SGML, DSSSL, Intra- & Internet, AI, Java
= mailto:nmikula@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
= http://www.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~nmikula