Re: Sibling rivalry

Subject: Re: Sibling rivalry
From: Jon Bosak <bosak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon Mar 31 01:48:49 1997 EST
[James Clark:]

| I don't think you can do this in the core query language,

Well, I'm glad I got that part right, anyway.

| but Jade provides enough of the full query language that you can
| handle it.  For PROD, instead of just calling process-children, loop
| over the children explicitly and group together adjacent elements that
| need to go in a single table-cell.  This relies on node-list-first,
| node-list-rest and process-node-list. [...]

Yup.  Dropped it into the stylesheet and it worked like a champ.
Michael and Tim will never know what you spared them.

I tried Bill Lindsey's suggestion, too (thanks, Bill!), but it didn't
give the tables what they were looking for.  I think that it would
have worked in a non-table setting, though.

Jon