Re: SDATA entity mapping in Jade

Subject: Re: SDATA entity mapping in Jade
From: Dave Love <d.love@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 14:49:07 +0100
>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Speck <dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Daniel> Well, for one, I'd like to write a style specification to go
 Daniel> from Docbook 3.0 to HTML 3.2 (as a learning exercise for
 Daniel> me). Perhaps this isn't a good application of the DSSSL style
 Daniel> transformation. I need a way to say what should become of,
 Daniel> e.g., &trade;, &ldquo;, &rdquo;, &mdash;, &ndash, etc.

I recently did this with linuxdoc (with the same caveats), but since
investigating Jade 0.6 I haven't had time to package it in case it's
useful and not too misleading.

I replaced offending SDATA entries in the `general' file with
CDATA ones such as
	<!entity mdash cdata " -- " >
to avoid losing Unicode entities being generated by Jade.  Is there a
better way?