Re: Performance Characteristics

Subject: Re: Performance Characteristics
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:12:01 -0900
At 01:17 PM 4/20/97 -0500, John Rice wrote:
>I'm considering using Jade to implement a DSSSL spec. as part of a
>publishing solution for a client but I am wondering about the kind
>of performace they might reasonably expect in a production environment
>(win32 fyi).

For comparison, it takes about 10 to 15 seconds to format the HyTime
standard (1+ Meg of source) to RTF on a Pentium 133 machine.

If there was a way to pipe the output of Jade into Word, you would probably
not notice a lag time as Jade appears to be able to generate RTF almost as
fast as Word can interpret it (can Jade be made into a virtual file system?).

Cheers,

E.