Re: DSSSList policy question

From: Robert Streich <streich@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 01:57:08 -0500
Now that I screwed up and confused the sender and reply-to lines, I have
to say that the only reason I mind the ads is because of the duplicates.
There have been *very* few obnoxious ads on any of the SGML-ish mailing
lists to which I belong. And, to tell the truth, I like them as we don't
really have a trade-zine in which to publish them.

My request for restriction, however, is based on the amount of duplication
that is starting to creep in with multiple mailing lists.

Curiously, it's the job postings that I like to see the most, just in case,
you know....

At 10:40 PM 5/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> The procedere fatally reminds me on Usenet's "Call for votes". Why not
>> make it a real one and found comp.lang.dsssl ? Due to the nature of
>> Usenet this would be the place for unconsolidated announcements, while
>> this list stays clean for technical discussion.
>
>Agreed on founding comp.lang.dssl.

Seconded. My email is absolutely clogged with stuff and I'm starting to
miss important ones while trying to filter through the other stuff. I've
already filtered out those that I only want to lurk on and which don't
have a decent archive.

Who knows, at least for a while, it might remind us all of the
comp.text.sgml of several years ago. But then, we'd have to find a
new Erik....

bob