Jade requests

Subject: Jade requests
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 13:30:52 -0400 (EDT)
There are a couple of things that would make my life a lot easier using Jade
so in the hope that they reflect other people's needs I will mention them
here

#1. Quasiquote. Quasiquote allows ugly expressions like this:

(list 'arg (list 'n targetname)) ; targetname is a variable

to become:

`(arg (n ,targetname))

It is syntactic sugar but it is clearer to me and doesn't seem too brutal
to implement (though I know that there is a long line of not-too-brutal
mini-features waiting to be implemented).

#2. Some kind of traceback for debugging. DSSSL makes it very attractive to
abstract things out into functions but then you loose context when an
error occurs. This seems like a more difficult feature to implement but would
make life much, much easier.

Thanks for your consideration.

 Paul Prescod