Re: XS: needed features?

Subject: Re: XS: needed features?
From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <Lassi.Tuura@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 16:46:25 +0200
Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Do `change bars' make sense?
> Are they not a mild complication which doesnt buy very much?

I'd say change bars would make sense a whole lot -- especially for
technical publishing, as already noted by Eliot Kimber.  For instance,
in my current work we are aiming towards predominantly web-based
document publishing; eventually the system will manage millions of
documents.  This approach creates a number of (not only presentational)
problems, of which version management is one.  Hence, I am for
everything that will help create general purpose browsing systems more
capable for this kind of use.  Change bars is certainly one such
feature.  Maths is another quite important feature for us (we are doing
particle physics).

Cheers,
//lat
--