Re: XS: needed features?

Subject: Re: XS: needed features?
From: Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 17:53:35 +0100 (BST)
 > Nobody is voting against math in XML. MathML will do the job for
 > Netscape share prices. You should demonstrate not just that math is
 > important, but that *generic* math is important.

If a browser supports construction of formulae, it seems a pity not to
interpose the layer we all approve of, viz the style sheet and the
abstract flow objects. Unless there is a huge discrepancy between
DSSSL's math flow objects, and what can be coerced from MathML markup,
I would always argue it is counter-productive to hard-wire the
solution.

Sebastian