Re: XS: needed features?

Subject: Re: XS: needed features?
From: lex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alex Milowski)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:07:02 -0500 (CDT)
> Perhaps, but many DTDs do allow for revision markup, and it would be
> nice to be able to produce the side bars.  Of course, we could also
> highlight changes (say, with a light yellow background), but readers
> in some industries might demand what they are used to.  How does
> everyone else feel about change bars?

Well, if there isn't a technical reason to dump them (e.g. its too damn
hard for the general developer) we should keep them.  Such annotations would
allow people to deliver proofs over the web--which is a powerful reason to
use XML and DSSSL.

Coming from a financial printing background I find this a very important
feature that can bridge the gap between print-processes that people are
used to and online processes that could be developed.

I'm in favor of keeping them.

>From my position, inclusion/exclusion of the flowobject has less to do with
the use and more to do with how hard the backend technology is to develop.
Hence, we need to ask ourselves if something is hard to develop on the
backend, is the use of it (the front end) worth it?