Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?

Subject: Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?
From: "B. Tommie Usdin" <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 16:44:13 -0500
>Trick - try copying relevant parts of the standard as comments in examples.
>In otherwords make the examples into reliable references! (ISO will never
>notice it if you remember never to mention ISO/IEC, 10179 or the full title
>- they can't check every reference to DSSSL.)

I'm not sure that sort of subterfuge is:

   a) appropriate.
           Agreeing to cheat on a copyright, especially in a forum
           with a public archive, is sort of dumb.

    b) necessary.
           It seems to me that ISO has always allowed people to quote
           from standards, and that in creating documentation for
           beginning to intermediate users of DSSSL only a relatively small
           portion of the standard would be relevant.  So, there should
           no problem with openly quoting as needed.

B. Tommie Usdin                     Phone: 301/231-6934
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.           Fax: 301/231-6935
6010 Executive Blvd., Suite 608    E-mail: btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rockville, MD  20852                  WWW: http://www.mulberrytech.com