Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?

Subject: Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?
From: David Pawson <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 08:15:17 +0000

>>> Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

The text of the standard is useful to you, but I'm postulating
that there are people starting out with DSSSL who want
something simpler with more hand-holding than the precise
wording of an International Standard.

- Agreed wholeheartedly.

My premise for starting this thread is that not only are there
many people who want that sort of thing, but there are many
people who are able (and, I hope, willing) to contribute some
part towards creating it.

 -snip
we are still lacking the
"reliable reference with lots of worked examples" and, I would
hazard, we are still lacking sufficient entry-level material.

- again, wholehearted agreement.
Those of us unable to source it could, perhaps, assist
with collation / editing.

Given a location for posting (is it inappropriate for the list,
particularly once it becomes sizeable?) I would volunteer
to edit some part of it. If a dozen of us came up with
a section each, we could have it in place within a few
months,
leaving the clever bit - generating the material in bits,
to those more suited to that work. The analysts /
detail merchants could then pick the bones for errors /
omissions _with_ improvements.

Any other takers?
<1> For a section
<2> A home for it (hint to Mulberry!)

The proposed contents list appears to be a starter for 10?