Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?

Subject: Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?
From: kubek <kubek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 12:12:18 +0200

    Martin> At 16:44 8/6/97 -0500, B. Tommie Usdin wrote:
    >> I'm not sure that sort of subterfuge is:
    >>
    >> a) appropriate. Agreeing to cheat on a copyright, especially in
    >> a forum with a public archive, is sort of dumb.

    Martin> The point is that if you quote it in bulk text you come up
    Martin> against the 10% quote ruling. You cannot copy more than
    Martin> 10% of the data into one 'document'. Which is why you
    Martin> embed it in examples. No example will need more than 10%
    Martin> of the text of DSSSL.

So why not quote the whole standard, through hyperlinks ? I know that
novell is giving access to a *draft* only version of the DSSSL text,
but having the real standard on line could be interesting.

Does copyright issue prevents the online publishing of the DSSSL
standard? This problem seems to be solvable as there is already (at
least) one other ISO standard on line. I'm refering to the ISO/IEC
8652:1995, also known as the "Ada Reference Manual". It is available
 at URL :
	http://www.adahome.com

Isn't possible to do something equivalent for the DSSSL text.

Jean-Marie