Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?

Subject: Re: DSSSL Documentation Project?
From: lee@xxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 97 23:20:49 EDT
Harvey Bingham <hbingham@xxxxxxx> wrote

[an excellent summary of Yuri's involvement in DSSSL-O]

> Between SGML '95 and WWW3 in Boston, both of which Yuri chaired or
> co-chaired, he called a meeting of about dozen DSSSL developers to discuss
> what then was called core-DSSSL. To keep the many curious out of the meeting
> room, he listed it on the Hotel announcer screens as the
>    "Dog Sledding, Skating, and Skiing League".

For the pendanticially inclined :-), it was Surfing, not Skating.
For a long time afterwards I had an image of a dog on a surf board,
before I realised that Dog only applied to the first activity named :-)

I agree with Harvey otherwise, of course.

Lee