jadetex update

Subject: jadetex update
From: Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:28:59 +0100 (BST)
Those of you using the TeX backend for Jade with my jadetex package
should collect a new copy from

 ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/jadetex/jadetex.dtx

It corrects errors in:

 - running heads (they were quite bad before)
 - rules
 - inheritance of basic quadding

I will now try and complete the table support, as this is the major
flaw at present. I will also try and gird my loins to add some
TeX-specific characteristics to the TeX backend to allow simple
floating figures and double columns (as James did for
RTF). Unfortunately, I do not believe that TeX as it stands can
support the full complex page model even if James implemented it, so
some inelegance may be necessary.

Of course if anyone uses this package and finds a problem, or uses a
feature that isn't properly implemented, I will do my best to work on
it immediately.

Sebastian Rahtz