Re: Unicode / Math Sybmols and RTF -> Postscript

Subject: Re: Unicode / Math Sybmols and RTF -> Postscript
From: "James Clark" <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 11:49:31 +0700
> As always, we come back for more... I am trying to use
> &Delta (the math symbol) and it shows up correctly in
> the RTF file.  But when I print to postscript (apple laser writer
> driver from WindowsNT) the delta turns into a '?' in every location.

My guess is that what's happening is that the printer driver is
substituting your printer's built-in version of Times for the TrueType
Times Roman.  The TrueType Times Roman font has a much bigger set of glyphs
that the PostScript Times-Roman.  I think you can tell the printer driver
not to do this substitution, but I don't remember exactly how.

If that's not the problem, it may simply be that the PostScript driver
doesn't properly deal with characters outside the standard Windows
character set.

James