Re: SGML to HTML with jade?

Subject: Re: SGML to HTML with jade?
From: Mark Burton <markb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:11:44 +0100
papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> That's a nicely structured stylesheet -- a good example of publishing
> to HTML.

Thanks.

> One question: Why do you use Perl to split documents instead
> of the entity flow object?

Because I don't yet understand all of the features/capabilities that DSSSL
provides. For the beginner, DSSSL is rather a daunting prospect. Decent
documentation is hard to find. I have a copy of the browsable version of the
standard but even this is not trivial to navigate (no index). The couple of
tutorials I have read just don't go far enough. All I know (not much) has been
learnt from reading other peoples style sheets and this mailing list.

Anyway, it's more exciting when you discover things yourself :-)

Now I've got your attention, how about this index creation nightmare? I guess
we're all waiting for James to fill in some of the gaps in Jade.

regards,

Mark

--
O(n) Mark Burton <markb@xxxxxxxxxx>                                     O(n)
O(n) Order N Ltd.                                                       O(n)