Re: Desperate Questions: [1]Absolute-Child-Number

Subject: Re: Desperate Questions: [1]Absolute-Child-Number
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:29:43 -0400 (EDT)
> Not so much a desparate, but perhaps a dump question: what does CPS stand for ?

Not at all: "Continuation Passing Style". You "pass" the "continuation" into
a function call. It's a little bit like transforming the instruction: "Write
this report and return it to me, and I will return it to the customer"
to "Here is the customer's name -- write the report and return it to her."
You can see how the latter would be more efficient when you can pull it off.

 Paul Prescod