Re: DTD for customizable stylesheets

Subject: Re: DTD for customizable stylesheets
From: Norbert Mikula <nmikula@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 20:27:31 +0200 (MET DST)
On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> I took the idea of customizable stylesheets to the test and implemented
> rudimentary customization support in my psgml-jade.el. This is an add-on
> to psgml. You can find the current version at
> ftp://logimac.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/logimac/Dokumente/www/mixed/psgml-ja.tgz
>
> I started from the dtd posted to this list by Norbert H. Mikula some time
> ago, but I found that some additions were necessary to make it more
> useful.

It is great that you pick this up and extend it. I have presented
and shown the power and ease of this at the SGML Europe '97
conference using my Java based DSSSL engine Yade.

The outcomes of my early tests have been put down in
a paper presented at that conference.

I think this is really the way to go for DSSSLless DSSSL.
You still have the power of DSSSL, but the user doesn't
need to be able to understand a single line of your
stylesheet.

Best regards,
Norbert H. Mikula