Re: SGML to HTML with jade?

Subject: Re: SGML to HTML with jade?
From: Dave Love <d.love@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Jun 1997 20:27:32 +0100

 >> One question: Why do you use Perl to split documents instead
 >> of the entity flow object?

 Mark> Because I don't yet understand all of the features/capabilities
 Mark> that DSSSL provides.

If it's helpful I can supply a relatively complicated fragment of
working code for HTML from (slightly hacked) Linuxdoc.  I'd guess that
something like this could and should be made reusable for typical
HTML-generating applications.  [The whole stylesheet isn't really in a
state to expose to public gaze until I can do some work on it.]

 Mark> Now I've got your attention, how about this index creation
 Mark> nightmare? I guess we're all waiting for James to fill in some
 Mark> of the gaps in Jade.

Surely that's the thing that really should be done externally to get
it right (with a tool like makeindex or its successor, whose name I
forget).  You might speed up the sorting a bit by re-ordering the
character cases used by string>? -- the standard name is
`string-ci>?'; also is the sort itself optimal?  [I have O' Keefe's
mergsort coded if it's any use.]

Is there somewhere to deposit such library-like stuff?