Re: API to formatters and grove engines

Subject: Re: API to formatters and grove engines
From: Jean-Xavier Lotthé <mg068-3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 18:55:27 +0000
 Paul Prescod wrote:

>Actually, I think what you are actually interested in is an API for the
>style engine. I would consider a "formatter" to be the chunk of code
>that takes a flow object tree and builds either a rendered view or a
>file describing a rendered view. You really don't care about formatting.

Yes, this describes precisely my need.

>It seems that what you need is an extension to the GroveBuilder OLE
>Object that can run a stylesheet on a particular subtree.

Definitely, yes !
As far as I know, but I may be wrong, this extension does not yet exist.
Are there any other solutions as for now ?
How do you, list members, embed DSSSL into your aplications then ?

Do you, James, plan to develop a StyleEngine OLE Object to use with DSSSL
stylesheets ?
[May the answer be a definite 'Yes'... ; ) ]

Xavier