Re: use of Jade TeX backend?

Subject: Re: use of Jade TeX backend?
From: Axel Ramge <axel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 10:18:03 +0200
Hello Sebastian,

I tried to follow your cookbook for generating TeX output (mild
weeny as you would say). It didn't work because it seems that TeX
processing depends on hyperref.sty (which I don't use till now) and
maybe hytex or who knows. The generated dvi files seem to use hypertex
extensions too, aren't they (dvihps)?

Would you please be so kind and summarize what packages/programs
JadeTeX depends on?

hyperref
hytex?
fonts?
dvihps?

Thanks

Axel

 >  > I'm not sure right now how I am supposed to relate my output to the
 >  > JadeTeX macros.
 > 1. get jadetex macros
 > 2. tex jadetex.ins %writes jadetex.ltx)
 > 3. tex -ini \&latex jadetex.ltx '\dump'
... just for TeX dummies: sometimes called initex...
 > 4. tex \&jadetex foo.tex  % where jade wrote foo.tex
... TeX complains: something wrong--perhaps a missing