DD: Status

Subject: DD: Status
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 00:03:45 -0400 (EDT)
1. The home page containing the goals has been made at
   http://www.mulberrytech.com/dsssl/dsssldoc, and a link has been
   made to it from Mulberry's DSSSL page at
   http://www.mulberrytech.com/dsssl.

2. The glossary "open season" netted 30 definitions.  Thanks to Vivek
   Agrawala, Frank Christoph, Jacques Deseyne for providing
   definitions, and to Bob DuCharme and David Pawson for providing
   terms.  The glossary is available as SGML at
   http://www.mulberrytech.com/dsssl/dsssldoc/glossary.sgm, and as
   HTML at http://www.mulberrytech.com/dsssl/dsssldoc/glossary.html.

   The glossary is far from complete, and David Pawson has volunteered
   to edit it from now on.  If you can contribute a definition or two,
   please send them to David at ben.pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx

3. There were calls last week for a place to host "library-like
   stuff".  I volunteered to host the "DSSSL Cookbook" of tips and
   techniques as part of the documentation effort.  Taking the
   subsequent silence as approval, please send me your reusable
   procedures or implementations of procedures defined in the
   standard (marked up using DocBook 3.0 if possible).

   I will be on vacation next week, but collecting DSSSL tips and
   techniques is likely to be an ongoing project, and a week and a
   half hiatus before the first results are available should soon be
   forgotten.  Even so, I would be more than happy for someone else to
   volunteer to coordinate this.

4. The "DSSSL Handbook" has had an offer of a section on groves but
   not much further action.  David Pawson has marked up the current
   outline and the stated goals using DocBook 3.0 and posted that
   document to the list today.  I have not had time to further develop
   the outline, and there has been but the one offer of a
   contribution.  Now is a good time for people to expand the outline
   in the DSSSL Handbook of the areas that interest them or to start
   work on a pilot chapter.

   The collaborative DSSSL Handbook is widely seen as a Good Idea, and
   that I have not been able to move it forward and will not be able
   to for a week or so does not change the worth of the idea, nor does
   it stop other people from doing what they can to help it along.

Regards,

Tony Graham