Re: rotating pages?

Subject: Re: rotating pages?
From: Norman Walsh <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:09:05 -0400
> layout facility. More complex page layouts can be obtained with the
> page-sequence' which is not part of DSSSL-o and therefore not included in
> Jade. I guess the landscape rotation of a page may be included in this
> page-sequence flow object.
> [...]
> I could not read anything in either the table or the display-group flow
> objects. If this option is not supported in the RTF backend, it is not due
> to the backend itself but rather to the fact that such an option is not
> mandatory in the DSSSL standard and thus not required in DSSSL-o.

That's basically my guess as well, but I though it was worth asking.

> Moreover, I'm not sure whether the RTF format accepts such an option at all.
> Could you do it in Word ? I've tried and only succeeded in having a new
> section formatted in landscape orientation. The problem is you end up with a
> page break and the whole page is in landscape, i.e. page headers and footers
> are landscaped too.

Ah, well, for the particular application that I have in mind,
that would be sufficient.  Basically I'm working on a style
sheet for a class of documents, each instance of which includes
a wide, multi-page table.  I'd like to be able to make the pages
of that section print in landscape.

--norm