"what is it" function and possible memory bug

Subject: "what is it" function and possible memory bug
From: Norman Walsh <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 16:51:51 -0400
I'm getting errors like this:

jade:dbhtml.dsl:102:18:E: 1st argument for primitive "gi" of
 wrong type: "#<unknown object 16309376>" not an optional singleton node list

Is there any way to get jade to dump out what it thinks
#<unknown object 16309376> is?  I've tested against (node-list?),
(null?), #f, and I can't think of what else it might be.

I am suspicious that there's actually a nasty memory bug behind
these errors.  I _think_ I've seen variant behavior when all
I've added was a (debug) wrapper around something, but I'm not
100% sure (yet).

I'm going to try to build it on Unix again and see if I can get a
core dump or different behavior.

--norm