rtf backend/graphic scaling

Subject: rtf backend/graphic scaling
From: Norman Walsh <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 10:02:42 -0400
Is it possible to include scaling information in an
external-graphic?

I have an image that I wish to insert in a document.  My printer
is not a PostScript printer, so if I include the EPS file, Word
creates an ugly approximation (possibly using the TIFF preview
image in the graphic?).  If I include a 300dpi rendering of the
graphic, Word makes it about 3in across (about three times too
big).  If I include a 100dpi rendering, it looks jagged.

However, if I include the 300dpi rendering and then tell word to
scale it back to 1in wide, the results are acceptable.

Can I do this automatically with Jade?  (Or is there another way
to do this in Word, with a different bitmap format or something?)

--norm