Re: [Jade] Output redirection

Subject: Re: [Jade] Output redirection
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 11:49:56 -0400
Ferry Firmansjah wrote:
> We are trying to run Jade to convert an SGML file to HTML (on NT 4.0), and
> for some strange reason, we could not direct the output to a file.  Jade
> will always output the result to standard output (screen).

That's the defined behaviour for the SGML back-end.

> The command to execute jade has to be initiated from another application,
> which takes in a program name and a string of parameters.
>
> When jade is run from the DOS prompt, the good 'ol redirection (>) works
> fine, but it does not work in our situation (where it's passed as an
> argument).

Wouldn't this work?

jadeout.cmd:

jade -options options options > %1

> The -o option does not do anything either.
>
> Any ideas or solutions?

You can hard-code the output filename by supplying a system ID to the
entity flow object. You could make this half-way dynamic by building a
"wrapper" DSSSL stylesheet and then including the "real" DSSSL
stylesheet.

 Paul Prescod