Re: inclusion procedure

Subject: Re: inclusion procedure
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:58:24 -0900
At 04:43 PM 8/13/97 -0400, David Megginson wrote:
>Graydon Hoare writes:
>
> > this is a dumb newbie question but it's making things terribly difficult:
> > is there a simple procedure in scheme or DSSSL style language that halts
> > the parse, reads in the contents of another file, and restarts as though
> > the file were included inline?

If what you want to do is include referenced documents or subdocuments,
take a look at my generic DSSSL spec that resolves subdocument references
to create a new single instance: http://www.isogen.com/demos/dovalueref.html

This spec isn't 100% complete (it doesn't detect or correct ID collisions,
for example), but it does work.

Cheers,

E.
--
<Address HyTime=bibloc>
W. Eliot Kimber, Senior Consulting SGML Engineer