Re: Generation of field instructions in RTF

Subject: Re: Generation of field instructions in RTF
From: gdsot@xxxxxx (Slot, Gerald)
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 11:01:00 +0200
Paul Prescod wrote:

> Vivek Agrawala wrote:
> >
> > > Unfortunately the formatting-instruction flow object is not
> supported by the RTF back end.
> >
> > Just add a method to RtfFOTBuilder.cxx:
> >   void RtfFOTBuilder::formattingInstruction(const StringC& s) {
> >     os() << s;
> >   }

I really need the formatting-instruction flow object in the RTF back
end, so I downloaded the code of jade and added the above code to
RtfFOTBuilder.cxx. When I want to compile jade, I get the following
error from the compiler:

    error C2679: binary '<<' : no operator defined which takes a
right-hand operand of type 'const class
    James_Clark_SP::String<unsigned short>' (or there is no acceptable
conversion) (new behavior; please see help)

Unfortunately I am not familiar with C++, so can anybody please help?

Gerald Slot,
SDU, The Netherlands.