DSSSL Digest now publicly available

Subject: DSSSL Digest now publicly available
From: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 97 14:56:47 BST
As trailed months ago, but delayed for non-technical reasons, I'm
please to announce that courtesy of James Mason, Convenor of WG8, the
DSSSL Digest can now be found at

  ftp://ftp.ornl.gov/pub/sgml/WG8/DSSSL/digest.htm

It contains all the procedures and top-level expressions from the
electronic version of the DSSSL standard document, in alphabetical
order, with thumb-tabs. Each prototype is followed by the first
paragraph of its definition in the standard. Multiple prototypes which
share a definition are cross-referenced to the first prototype in the
group, which is followed by the summary. Section numbers are given for
all prototypes.

The Digest was produced automatically using Jade 0.7 and LT XML

          http://www.jclark.com/jade/
          http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/software/xml/

I've found it very useful when writing DSSSL scripts:  most of the
time it tells me what I need to know, such as calling sequence and/or
basic semantics, and when that's not enough the section number points
me to the full relevant text in the standard.

Enjoy,

ht