Re: DSSSL in Scheme

Subject: Re: DSSSL in Scheme
From: Graydon Hoare <graydon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 14:11:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, ET wrote:

> I'm pretty happy with my existing Scheme interpreter.  Is there a source of
> DSSSL code written in Scheme, or is Jade about the only way to go?

your problem is not so much getting a good scheme interpreter which can
wrangle a grove (not too hard), the problem is:

 a. making sure the nodelist datatype is lazily evaluated (not too hard)
 b. getting sosofo backends made (probably not too fun)
 c. slapping an SGML parser on the front (not too hard, you can read an
    ESIS stream)

I'm sure james has a few hundred reasons why you might not want to
undertake it yourself, but I can't think of many more.

-graydon