XSL and Java

Subject: XSL and Java
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 08:55:43 -0400
Dave Raggett wrote:
> Is anyone else interested in using downloadable Java classes
> to add new flow objects and characteristics to XSL?

I am. I'm sure that there will be some who are also interested in
downloadable Active-X flow objects. This is something that I suggested
about six months ago (to nobody in particular).The trick is that to do
this properly would require a complete "publishing API" accessible
from Java (and perhaps Active-X. That would require another long spec
development cycle. Perhaps Copernican solutions could publish their
API as a W3C Note for standardization at some point in the future.

A "worse is better" approach could using existing "opaque-box" applet
APIs but many interesting flow objects would be impossible in that
environment.

 Paul Prescod