Re: DSSSL extensions for XSL

Subject: Re: DSSSL extensions for XSL
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:58:40 -0400
James Clark wrote:
> Do you mean first class modes rather than first class flow objects? If
> so, the answer is no.  The principle that a construction rule returns a
> sosofo that is a black box to the expression language is critical to
> implementing DSSSL efficiently (for Jade at least).

Yes, I did mean fist class modes. Among your long list of cool things to
implement, please consider creating a Scheme extension API similar to
the C++ API. I believe that there is a real interest in making back-ends
for things like VRML, Lout etc. by people who are (now) comfortable in
Scheme, but not in C++.

 Paul Prescod