RE: Nodes and counting

Subject: RE: Nodes and counting
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 16:11:29 +0100
I am trying to generate  a very simple table of contents

structure of dtd is

front
  contents
body
  article*
    title
    para*

from within contents I call MAKETOC
from within MAKETOC I have
 with-mode toc
     (process-node-list (find-aunty "body"))
[
(define (find-aunty-matching  name)
    (select-elements (siblings (parent (current-node))) name))
]

What I _think_ should happen is that the

(with-mode toc
  (element (body article title)
   (make paragraph   .....

_should_ produce the contents of the title _only_
what it actually does is dump the whole article !!

The part I don't understand is the processing of two
parts.

1. process-node-list.
Does it 'repeat' the actions of any (element x with the given
node list? In the above example only activate the with-mode toc
statements?
I am trying to 'climb the tree' up to parent, across to sibling 'body',
then process all elements 'article' by dumping the <title> child
as the contents entry.

Am I actually giving with with-mode toc the right node-list?
Why do I get the whole article, para's and all, in the contents!

I've gone off dsssl today!

Any offers of help gratefully received.

TIA
DaveP