empty-element?

Subject: empty-element?
From: "Jacco van Ossenbruggen" <jrvosse@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:38:02 +0200
How can I find out whether an element has a declared content
of empty? I need this information in an SGML to SGML transformation using
jade -t sgml to choose between the "element" or "empty-element" flow object.

Jacco

PS:

As a hack, I defined

(define (empty-element?  #!optional (nd (current-node)))
  (node-list-empty? (children nd)))

But this returns true if the element was not declared empty
but happens to be empty in the document.

--
Jacco van Ossenbruggen             Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
mailto:jrvosse@xxxxxxxx            Vrije Universiteit, de Boelelaan 1081a