Re: entity representation in RTF

Subject: Re: entity representation in RTF
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 16:18:45 +0700
Slot, Gerald wrote:

> But now I also have to distribute the rtf documents to our customers.
> When they are using Windows 95 we could ask them to install the
> multi-language option to view the documents, but when they are using
> windows NT this is not possible because windows NT has no multi-language
> option.

It works fine for me on Windows NT 4.0 with Word (Viewer) 97.

I believe it's just a  matter of having the appropriate NLS files (code
page 1253) and a font which supports the WGL4 glyph collection. The
standard TrueType fonts freely available from Microsoft have complete
WGL4 support.  The Visual C++ 4.x CD has the NLS files you need.

> What I actually want is that my alpha and beta entities are translated
> to symbols from the 'symbol font' and not as characters with the font
> 'Arial Greek'. Is there some way I can get this done?

No.

James