Jade -t rtf and periods.

Subject: Jade -t rtf and periods.
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:22:12 +0100
>From puzzled of Purley.

I output an element as RTF which happened to have a period
at the end of the sentance. It was in the source sgml, disappeared
in the RTF!
Any period mid element is OK, but none of those which appeared
at the end of an element came out. Exclamation mark is OK,
Period goes. Tried replacing it with &period; same result.

Is it Jade, RTF or finger trouble?

Am I the only one to have noticed it? Have Microsoft redefined
white space to include the period?

I'm using (process-children) not (.... trim).

Any comments please, it is important for text to speech, the
Table of contents, for instance, becomes one long sentance
without the periods!

Regards, DaveP

From: Dave Pawson. RNIB(UK)
e-mail dpawson@xxxxxxxxxxx