Re: DSSSL capabilities - was RE: TOC problem with HTML32 dsssl

Subject: Re: DSSSL capabilities - was RE: TOC problem with HTML32 dsssl
From: s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Rahtz)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 09:56:34 +0100
 >  Henry> at the glyph level by treating your contractions as ligatures
 >  Henry> (but Jade doesn't support this yet, I don't think.)
 >
 > If you can express it as a ligature problem it should yield to the TeX
 > backend with a suitable font.  It sounds like the sort of thing that
 > should exist, but isn't apparent in the archive.  Sebastian?
you can have as many ligatures as you want (more or less) in a TeX
font. the normal way to do this would be to make a virtual font which
refers to the real font, but adds a load of ligatures doing whatever
you want.

what `sort of thing' do you mean, Dave? are you looking for some
software to make it easy? a thing called a2ac might help.

if anyone wants to help my holiday funds, chapter 10 of `The LaTeX
Graphics Companion', Goossens, Rahtz and Mittelbach, Addison Wesley
1997, discusses TeX font techniques.

sebastian