Porting to Visual C++ 5.0

Subject: Porting to Visual C++ 5.0
From: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 16:50:56 +0100
Warning:  I am a Visual C++ novice.

I have tried to import/upgrade SP.mak into Visual C++ version 5.0 with
Service Pack 2 installed.  It offers to convert the file into
up-to-date projects, but the resulting 'lib' project is broken:  all
the files are ineradicably marked 'do not compile', and building this
projects compiles nothing and produces an empty, useless SP.exe, and
no .DLL.

Is there an obvious fix to this?  I've checked the documentation
pretty hard, but being new to this environment I'm rather drowning in
detail. . .

ht
[I HAVE seen James's message of 1997.9.11 about 'using namespace', but
presume that's a problem I have yet to look forward to.]