Re: Alpha release of XSL-to-DSSSL translator

Subject: Re: Alpha release of XSL-to-DSSSL translator
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 20:33:42 -0500
This is very cool. I hadn't thought about the approach of actually
converting JavaScript to DSSSL. I see you've still got to handle some
"tricky bits" (OOP stuff), but that stuff isn't critical for stylesheet
programming anyhow.  I think I found a typo:

"
* To accommodate the difference between XSScript and DSSSL identifier
  rules, all identifiers which begin with a lower-case letter will be
  converted by the following rules:
   1) Hyphens will be inserted before all UClc pairs;
   2) initial 'in' followed by UC will be converted to final '?';
   3) indentifier-internal 'To' followed by UC will be converted to
'->';
   4) identifier-final 'Equal', 'LE',  'Lt', 'GE',  'Gt' will be
converted to
   5) all UC letters will be converted to lc."

I think that rule 2) should be about "is" and not "in"

Just in case you're curious, I've noticed that Microsoft does actually
license their JavaScript interpeter out, if you wanted to embed that
right in Jade for your next project. The only caveat is that you can't
redistribute the interpreter it in source format. You would have to make
a JSCript binary library for each platform.

 Paul Prescod