Scaling inline images

Subject: Scaling inline images
From: Richard Light <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 14:13:33 +0000
Am I right in thinking that inlined images (external-graphic flow
objects) cannot be scaled in Jade?  I have tried the scale:
characteristic with values between 0 and 1 (which is what I assume the
standard intends), but to no avail.

Since the images are slightly too large for the current line-spacing,
this means that they are chopped off at the top.

Because the images are inlined, I assume that there is nothing I can do
to make the line wider to accommodate the full-sized image?  (I could
make all paragraphs that contain images double-spaced, but that isn't
ideal.)

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received!

Richard Light.

Richard Light
SGML/XML and Museum Information Consultancy
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx