Please do a DSSSL Poster at SGML/XML'97!!!!

Subject: Please do a DSSSL Poster at SGML/XML'97!!!!
From: Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre <dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 13:27:08 -0800 (PST)
Dear DSSSL List,

This is a plea for your help.  The two biggest questions
that first-time attendees to the SGML Conference (this year
SGML/XML'97 in Washington D.C. USA on December 8-11) have
are "What is XML and what does it mean to me?" and
"What is DSSSL?"

It would be really nice to have a concentration of Posters
at the conference this year explaining DSSSL, describing
dsssl-o, listing and describing the free software tools
and libraries available, showing examples, giving a few
case studies, etc.

To date, I have exactly ONE DSSSL poster.  Help!  Help!
This is a real chance to spread the word and do some
education.  (As all the ads say, "no personal selling
is involved", it would be *nice* if you stood by your
poster for one half-hour at the conference, but you
DO NOT have to!)

It's easy!  It's fun!  Please do a DSSSL poster!

Don't know what a poster is?  Drop me a private email
and I'll tell you.  Know all about them?  The technical
details are given below.

--Debbie (Co-chair of SGML/XML'97)
  <dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  USA Phone: 301/315-9633

****** SGML/XML'97 POSTER GUIDELINES ******
WHAT YOU SEND for the POSTER PROGRAM
                      (Deadline November 24, 1997)
                      (E-mail to : Melanie Yunk <mel@xxxxxxx>)
1.  Title of your poster presentation
2.  Poster Abstract (1-3 short paragraphs)
3.  Your name(s) and address(s) (including email)

WHAT YOU BRING TO SGML/XML'97 (or ship)
                      (Deadline December 7/8, 1997)

  (To post on a 4 foot  by 8 foot cork board)
1.  Poster(s) --
         Text big enough to read from 4 or 5 feet away.
         Size approximately 22 x 28" (56 by 71 cm).
             (22 x 26" is fine.) Thin paper, not foam core.
2.  Handouts  (Optional)

POSTER CATEGORIES

1.  Technical poster (case study or technical topic)
2.  Vendor posters (free advertising))

*** FREE ENLARGING ***
     (Deadline: Received BEFORE November 12, 1997)

Send 8 1/2 x 11 or A4 paper to GCA and they will
enlarge to poster size for free. GCA's address:
Graphic Communications Association;   Poster Submission;
ATTN: Tanya Bose; 100 Daingerfield Road;   Alexandria, VA
USA   22314-2888
Don't know what a poster is, want to know if there is a
reward in all this, other questions, comments or for
sending title/abstract/name by email:

Melanie Yunk <mel@xxxxxxx>

Apologies if you are on 42 mailing lists and get this from
each one!  It's that time of year again.

--Debbie

Deborah A. Lapeyre                   Phone: 301/315-9631
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.          Fax:   301/315-8285
17 West Jefferson Street, Suite 207  E-mail: dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rockville, MD  20850                 WWW: http://www.mulberrytech.com